The 6th annual Chicago/Milwaukee BBQ/Tapas/Now Pizza Party July 23rd

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Prairiedawg

#1: Post by Prairiedawg »

Edit- I have selected July 23rd for the get together. If anyone is interested in coming, please PM me for details.

Hi all, it's that time again. As promised we are putting on our annual HB get together at my place. This time we will be featuring Neapolitan pizza cooked in our outstanding new pizza oven. All are welcome, just bring something to share with everyone including interesting coffees, desserts, or beverage. If someone wanted to bring dishes to go along with a pizza party, that would be great as well. The regulars know the drill

Time and date to be determined. It will have to take place after June 26th, pretty much any Saturday after June 26th, except July 16.

We'll do the Doodle poll as done in the past to pick the best date. Just click on the link and follow the prompts to pick the dates that work best for you. We'll settle on the date that allows the most participants.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/aKrlN6re

The days to choose from are July 2,9,23,30, and Aug 6th.

I hope all the regulars can make it and even a few new faces. Let's get back to normal and have a party! In case anyone needed any encouragement, here's what I made this evening. A grilled eggplant, summer squash, and zucchini, pizza with soppressata and a sourdough crust. It was excellent.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

another_jim
Team HB

#2: Post by another_jim »

That is an awesome looking pizza. I'm really looking forward to this.
Jim Schulman

vberch

#3: Post by vberch »

Man, that looks stunning! I cannot wait to see everyone, and come out of keto diet hibernation and try this awesome pizza! See you soon!

rocketale

#4: Post by rocketale »

Hi, I've been a lurker in HB for a bit but wanted to introduce myself here in Chicago at this gathering! Saw last year's gathering but wasn't able to attend. Hoping to meet area enthusiasts on here; I could bring a couple pizza recipes too since I also cook my own Neapolitan style!

dominico
Team HB

#5: Post by dominico »

Tagging Jake_G in this thread
Jake_G wrote:tagged by Dom
since he's now been a Wisconsinite for a while.

Jake come have coffee and pizza!
http://bit.ly/29dgjDW
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

Jake_G
Team HB

#6: Post by Jake_G »

I hope to!

It's all a matter of timing. Last time I was all set to come down, but my wife was flying home to ATW the same day, so I couldn't make the timing work!

Fingers crossed on this one!
LMWDP #704

Prairiedawg (original poster)

#7: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

rocketale wrote:Hi, I've been a lurker in HB for a bit but wanted to introduce myself here in Chicago at this gathering! Saw last year's gathering but wasn't able to attend. Hoping to meet area enthusiasts on here; I could bring a couple pizza recipes too since I also cook my own Neapolitan style!

Sure, bring whatever you like. Pizza, coffee, good whiskey. :roll:

Everyone is welcome, I'll just need a headcount a couple of weeks before. We already have some conflicts with attendance so I'm putting Aug 13th out there as well but I'm thinking a Saturday in July would be better. If those that answered the poll could think really hard and see if their schedules could be adjusted, that could be helpful. Otherwise, I have to pick a day and someone or more could be left out.

So far the 9th, 23rd, and Aug 6th all have 1 person who cannot attend. It will likely be one of those dates.

TallDan

#8: Post by TallDan »

Just filled it out. Now you have two that can't make the 23rd ;)

Prairiedawg (original poster)

#9: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

To update this thread, If anyone has viewed the poll results, you will see that nobody can all agree on a certain date. That means I will have to pick one and 1 or more people will be left out unless they can alter their schedules to all agree on a date. The object of the poll is to find an agreeable day for everyone. I'm leaning towards the 9th or 23rd.

Any chance we can all agree on one of those two dates? Sideshow, if I pick the 9th, could you possibly make it?

dominico
Team HB

#10: Post by dominico »

I cannot make the 9th. I'll update the sheet with my available today.
http://bit.ly/29dgjDW
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?