Chicago-Milwaukee-NW Indiana Area Get Together

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
another_jim
Team HB

#1: Post by another_jim »

Joel Klein, "Il Vecchio," one of the founding members of the Chicago/Milwaukee/NW Indiana area HB meetups will be back in town in September. The only day that works for a meetup is Sunday the 19th, at my place, located in the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago.

Everyone is invited, whether you've attended before or are new. I hope enough HBers can make it so we can pull this off. Please PM me if you can come.

For the newbies: The meetups run from 10am to about 5pm, come any time in that window. Bring interesting coffees and coffee gear. I'll have enough on hand to keep everyone caffeinated in the forms of their choice, but rely on you for surprises. I also serve the main lunch course and wine, but rely on pot luck for everything else.

Please come!
Jim Schulman

Prairiedawg

#2: Post by Prairiedawg »

I am tentatively RSVP-ing. I should be able to make it. Kristine may or may not based on her school work load. I'll know whether she can make it closer to the 19th.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

Hope you can both make it.
Jim Schulman

vberch

#4: Post by vberch »

Hi Jim, this sounds great! I plan to be there.

ilVecchio
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by ilVecchio »

Vlad,

It will be just wonderful to see you.

Joel
patriarch emeritus

vberch

#6: Post by vberch replying to ilVecchio »

Joel,

It's been such a long time! It will be so great to see you!!!

earlgrey_44

#7: Post by earlgrey_44 »

I've marked the calendar. Hopefully, there will be enough good tomatoes still around to crank up some really great gaspacho.
Trust your taste. Don't trust your perception.

mdmvrockford
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by mdmvrockford »

I've made my calender entry too. I PM'ed "ilvechio" that I will bring my Cremina so that he has at least one device like he has at his AZ home. Part of the welcome back to Land of Lincoln. Let's all hope the ambient temperature on 9/19/2021 is not unseasonably cold.

I'll bring my Robot barista too as I now know how to use it and it's portable.

It's still way too early so I'll check back if there is theme (beside welcoming back Chicago-Milwaukee meetup's Patriarch). Food-wise, I've got a few ideas. Any interest in some (mon dieu :lol:) greens: e.g. store-bought organic baby spinach with my home-made Japanese sesame dressing (think Kewpie brand sesame dressing but the amount of sesame seeds greatly increased https://www.kewpie.co.jp/fukagoma/en/)?
LMWDP #568

Barb
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by Barb »

I will be there!
So sorry I missed the Pegues' get together. Assumed COVID 19 prevented events
This I will not miss
Thx Jim!
Let me know what I can bring

Barbara

Barb
Supporter ♡