New England Get Together

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
IamOiman
Team HB

#1: Post by IamOiman »

I thought I would throw an offer out there to see if there is interest in a get together for folks in New England area, or at least Rhode Island and CT/MA. I am willing to host it provided I can figure out how to plug in enough machines while providing space for everyone. Not sure on when is a good date but I am just about wide open after October 13.

I'll have the Bosco running along with either the President, Lambro (provided it's running by then and tested), or Gaggia LL. Grinders I have will be the Malwani Livi with the Eureka Olympus and Lido E as backup. We currently have a porch in the backyard but that might be missing soon as it's getting replaced but I think there's enough space inside for everyone and their equipment to fit. If needed I can generate a when2meet or related to accommodate people's schedules.

Let me know what you think!
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Brewzologist »

I'd be game. Could bring my DE1 and other toys.

Advertisement
EddyQ

#3: Post by EddyQ »

Dang, I am just reading this now. I've been more than busy lately. Sorry. I'd be very interested in a meet and even host a future gathering. I've seen Ryan's collection and it is worth driving many miles for.

Seeing that the date has come and gone, I recommend in the spring another hosted by myself if any are interested.
LMWDP #671

IamOiman (original poster)
Team HB

#4: Post by IamOiman (original poster) »

No worries, OCT 13 was just the date I stated I would be available anytime after for a few months. It's pretty flexible on my end
-Ryan
LMWDP #612

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by JohnB. »

First time I'm seeing this also. I'd be interested later in the Fall. Too many projects to wrap up before it gets cold to get away right now.
LMWDP 267

lloito

#6: Post by lloito »

This would be awesome, I'm in New Hampshire.
My tools are modest but willing to share. CC1, Nomad, Niche Lido ET and Comandante MK4.

I'll keep checking in if there is a 2022 date.
There is also the Expo in Boston during April, could be good for introductions.

Peace!

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Brewzologist »

Expo in April? When/where?

Advertisement
IamOiman (original poster)
Team HB

#8: Post by IamOiman (original poster) »

the SCA expo, it's in Boston 8-10 April (and I'll definitely be attending)
-Ryan
LMWDP #612

BaristaBoy E61

#9: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

We'd also be interested particularly if it would coincide with my wife's class reunion as she graduated from RISD - right in the neighbourhood!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

dmw010

#10: Post by dmw010 »

Just adding my interest. Hopefully the pandemic will cooperate with the SCA Expo and a get-together.