New Mexico Wanderings...

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Boldjava

#1: Post by Boldjava »

In Southern New Mexico for a couple of weeks and will be hitting shops: Las Cruces, Alamogordo, White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns, Hatch, and Silver City. Thought I would start a thread to pique interest. Just about "baseball'd out," having watched two weekend softball tournaments (Univ of Arizona), hardball at UofA, and high school hardball tourneys. Probably 10 notches on the belt.

Las Cruces. Beck's Coffee. Very small, informal spot. 12kilo (?) Diedrich roaster. 3 coffees. Mexican, light; Peru, medium; and Guat, dark roast.

Had a cortado (House blend, probably a Guat/Braz). Not bad. Just needed a tad more base.
Had a Peruvian pourover, very clean. Sweet. Extremely well roasted.

Next on the docket is Spirit Winds. https://www.spiritwindsnm.com/cafe
-----
LMWDP #339

Boldjava (original poster)

#2: Post by Boldjava (original poster) »

St Drogo, patron saint of coffee. In a shop in Mesilla, New Mexico.

-----
LMWDP #339

Boldjava (original poster)

#3: Post by Boldjava (original poster) »

Downtown Blues Coffee, Las Cruces

Eclectic, funky place that wins as local hangout/vinyl shop and failed with its coffee. Wife's chai was fine but espresso machine "wasn't fired up yet" (10:15a). Asked what they could do in pourovers. "Our drip is ready," and "I could do a pourover for you" (in a halting voice). Should have taken the clue. Used a hot water thermos as the kettle. Knew I was in trouble. One sip and helped the promoted anti-litter campaign by finding a trash bin on the plaza.

Ah, potential but unachieved.

-----
LMWDP #339