Redondo Beach, Gardena, Carson Coffee Shops?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
rockdude

#1: Post by rockdude »

Planning a trip to the Redonda Beach, Gardena and Carson area and looking for a recommendation for a good cafe to spend the mornings drinking espresso.

bonjing

#2: Post by bonjing »

I haven't been, but the next time I'm down in Redondo I'm going to visit klatch coffee.

salvia

#3: Post by salvia »

Boy & the Bear is good and has a location in Redondo Beach.
Hoping to hear other's South Bay recommendations as well.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by yakster »

I've enjoyed 10 speed coffee in Santa Monica in years past and have bookmarked Cognoscenti Coffee in Culver City, these might be worth some research.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

randytsuch

#5: Post by randytsuch »

Another vote to Klatch in Redondo, https://www.klatchroasting.com/pages/redondo-beach

Been there a couple of times, ask them what beans they are using, they rotate through different ones. Might even have a choice.

caeffe

#6: Post by caeffe »

rockdude wrote:Planning a trip to the Redonda Beach, Gardena and Carson area and looking for a recommendation for a good cafe to spend the mornings drinking espresso.
yakster wrote:I've enjoyed 10 speed coffee in Santa Monica in years past and have bookmarked Cognoscenti Coffee in Culver City, these might be worth some research.
In addition to the South Bay cities of Gardena, Redondo Beach, and Carson - there are few coffee shops in Culver City, Santa Monica, and Venice Beach
- i'd suggest if you're able to get there
in Culver City; Conservatory https://the-conservatory-for-coffee-tea ... ages/hours. Last time I went (before the pandemic) they actually roast right on the premises. It's a family owned affair (disclosure: I knew someone who worked there as a barista). There's also a GoGetEM Tiger https://gget.com/visit/culver-city and a couple of other coffee shops nearby
in Venice Beach; Intelligentsia on Abbot Kinney Blvd
in Santa Monica/Brentwood; Caffe Luxxe (they also roast maybe not on the premises but they do package and sell their own). Highly recommend getting their alfajores (a shortbread with dulce de leche filling) with any of the coffee (espresso, cappuccino, latte, pour over... whatever)
LMWDP #162

rockdude (original poster)

#7: Post by rockdude (original poster) »

Thanks for all the recommendations, looks like we will be bouncing around town every morning to try different cafes. This should be a lot of fun.

randytsuch

#8: Post by randytsuch »

Before going to anywhere north of the airport, I'd use Waze to check the drive time, and to get the best route.

Traffic going north on the 405 isn't fun in the morning.

rockdude (original poster)

#9: Post by rockdude (original poster) »

A little follow up- I really enjoyed klatch shots, there was some grapefruit in my cup, I found it delightful. Also in the south bay area a trip to Pursue Coffee will not disappoint.

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by Jshot »

Green Door in Carson. It's a Intelligentsia cafe and it's was pretty darn good when I visited.