South Florida specialty coffee shops - Page 19

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#181: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

All Day MIA in Wynwood has reopened! Great news. And I see Michelle Johnson (aka The Chocolate Barista) is there working for a few weeks. Will try to make it out over spring break.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#182: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

A few quick updates:

> Re: the Ft. Lauderdale scene, there's some sort of FAT Village development project slated to begin later this month, so Brew Urban (C&I Studios) and Henry's are living on borrowed time. For background: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainm ... story.html

> Re: Orlando, I hear that Kos Coffee in Winter Park is amazing! Has anyone been yet?

Advertisement
bgnome

#183: Post by bgnome »

Thanks for this! I didn't even know such a thread existed..

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#184: Post by jbviau (original poster) replying to bgnome »

Hi, neighbor! Sure thing. Please feel free to contribute.

bgnome

#185: Post by bgnome »

Cubico Coffee: Just around the corner from me in west Davie. I have yet to try their coffee, but they roast their own beans and have tasty pastries as well. I have a bag of their Ethiopian in the freezer, which is next in the rotation.
https://www.cubicocoffee.com/

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#186: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

I didn't know Cubico was back there! I'm in E. Pembroke Pines, so not far. Will be curious to read your thoughts on their coffee.

Chert

#187: Post by Chert »

This is the active Florida thread and Pensacola is on the Gulf (that seems prety 'south' to me) and Fix Coffee Company deserves a shout out.

Fix Coffee Company

I have travelled through Pensacola twice this summer. I happened upon Fix Coffee when I stopped for breakfast at Bodacious brew. I asked about the coffee and was told the roaster has the space adjoining the cafe. Before I left I met Alan (the roaster/owner) and bought a bag of Huehuetenango sourced from Shrub.

Last week I passed through again out of coffee I had brought. Although the roastery wasn't open yet I found a bag of Costa Rica Pastora for sale at Bodacious. Also a really nice medium light roast for my press pot. That sort of sweet mildly fruity super easy drinking cup is what I want from my next roast of La Minita.

So if you find your self in South (west) Florida Look out for Fix Coffee. In June Alan gave me a run down of other local spots that offer Fix or other speciality coffees and I believe he is building out a coffeeshop as well.
LMWDP #198

Advertisement
jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#188: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

^^^ Thanks for the report! Despite having lived in FL for about half of my life off and on, I've never stayed in Pensacola--glad to know Fix Coffee is there if/when I need them. I see they ship their coffee as well, which is great since I'm a nine-hour drive away from their roastery down here near Ft. Lauderdale.
Chert wrote:This is the active Florida thread and Pensacola is on the Gulf (that seems pretty 'south' to me)...
All good! There are no geography police nearby at the moment, so we should be in the clear... 8)

Javier

#189: Post by Javier »

Hi Josh! Will it be ok to add Narrative Coffee Roasters to the list? Their first location opened in Mercato, Naples about three years ago, and their newest location is in proximity to 5th Avenue, Naples. I have tried their espresso blend, medium roasts, and light roasts, and they are high quality. And Caleb (the owner) is a pleasure to talk to.

https://narrativecoffeeroasters.com/
LMWDP #115

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#190: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

^^^ Good to know, Javier (thanks).