Latte art fail - Heart shape

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
vishalv7

#1: Post by vishalv7 »

Hi,

I am trying to learn latte art from last one month. I started with basic heart shape, whenever i pour milk it a shape doesn't come well. Attaching few pictures if anyone please guide me to understand what mistake i am doing and how to correct those mistake.

Thanks in advance.

MNate
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by MNate »

Not raising the pitcher up enough on the cut through and/or running out of milk? Far from an expert. The trail of your cut throughs seem to be dribbling foam instead of really cutting through.

I found Lance Hedrick's videos online to be the best. I even just started over learning his way despite being fine at it for several years because I think some of my habits were wrong.

Sometimes it just comes after long enough- incremental improvements!

espressotime

#3: Post by espressotime »

The way I do it.

exidrion

#4: Post by exidrion »

espressotime wrote:The way I do it.

video
Do you know what's amazing about this video? Pretty much the antithesis of modern day prep advice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

straight in the basket, tamped willy nilly, no rdt no wdt no distribution and it still probably tasted pretty good! Granted it was covered in milk but still hahaha.

chipman

#5: Post by chipman »

It's like new math. it isn't important getting the correct answer.(good shot) it's knowing how to do it.

espressotime

#6: Post by espressotime »

exidrion wrote:Do you know what's amazing about this video? Pretty much the antithesis of modern day prep advice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

straight in the basket, tamped willy nilly, no rdt no wdt no distribution and it still probably tasted pretty good! Granted it was covered in milk but still hahaha.
I tried all of that more than once. No difference to me. But like you said I always add milk.Cortados are what I drink 99% of the time.

matkuf22

#7: Post by matkuf22 »

Steaming milk better helped my latte art more than anything else. Keeping the pitcher in the freezer helped me with steaming the milk better.

:)