Questions on an unopened coffee bag that is 24 days post roast - Page 4

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
jpender

#31: Post by jpender »

chanty 77 wrote:The bags from the companies I used and will start to use in a couple days do not have the valve on the bag. They have the zip pull bags.
Zip pull and valve are not mutually exclusive. I've had bags with both.

Which roasters have gotten rid of the valves?

chanty 77 (original poster)

#32: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to jpender »

Valves on the Olympia & B&W. I don't know why I didn't see them right away....

Advertisement
Ken5

#33: Post by Ken5 »

Did B&W change their bags?? I have not ordered from them in a couple of months, but prior to that I ordered for well over 6 months and they all had valves, and zip pulls. Actually all zip pull bags that I have used from many vendors also had valves

#34: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

Ken5 wrote:Did B&W change their bags?? I have not ordered from them in a couple of months, but prior to that I ordered for well over 6 months and they all had valves.
I plead the 5th!! Yikes, I'm not ready to use my B&W for another two days, so I untaped it & notice ---yeah, they still have the valve. Sorry, gonna correct myself above. Olympia also has a valve.

BaristaBob

#35: Post by BaristaBob »

Here is a recent 12oz. bag from Olympia. Still had a valve a few months ago. Did they change their bags?

Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

#36: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to BaristaBob »

I plead the 10th...... My brain has been melted with the heat. Yeah, there is a valve on the Olympia bag also. Just out of curiosity, are some valves more obvious?