Lelit Bianca User Experience - Page 187

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bringyoutomyhell

#1861: Post by bringyoutomyhell »

old_bear wrote:Wait a minute.
Does it mean, some shop knew it just before Lelit announced it? Does it mean it is a very good shop, or the opposite?
Hehe, possibly they leaked the info too early, is it in the list of the official distributors? You can always ask Lelit

Coffeebeanzzz

#1862: Post by Coffeebeanzzz »

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try. Am I correct in thinking that descaling is not advised for this machine? Also can anyone point me in the direction of a video for regular maintenance for the Bianca. I backflush and clean it and use cafisa and such but I think there is some other stuff I should be doing. Thanks

bringyoutomyhell

#1863: Post by bringyoutomyhell replying to Coffeebeanzzz »

Descaling is not advised in general, and in particular with stainless steel boilers (copper is worse IIRC). I just do my no scale water with Epsom salts and Baking soda and distilled water (actually I'm in Europe where's it's impossible to find, I just use a Zero Water pitcher to have zero TDS water). It's super easy. Just read this article https://www.baristahustle.com/blog/diy- ... pes-redux/

About the E61 group, I know you're supposed to clean and grease the group once or twice per year, refer to this article http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/e61-lubrication but you can find a lot on YouTube also

I don't have a Bianca yet, but this is just what I read in the meantime

old_bear

#1864: Post by old_bear »

bringyoutomyhell wrote:Hehe, possibly they leaked the info too early, is it in the list of the official distributors? You can always ask Lelit
Interestingly enough, they are.
But no other shop anywhere mentioned it.
And these ones have the lowest price I found in Europe.
So I have mixed feelings. Can this cheese be really free?

bringyoutomyhell

#1865: Post by bringyoutomyhell replying to old_bear »

Oh wow, I thought the price was high, but then I saw the chrome version for 900€ less in the same store, so yeah the pricing is very competitive (and the colored version price definitely too high). I'm italian and planned to buy from coffeeitalia.it or espressocoffeeshop.com . But yeah in Poland/Czech Republic there must be something that allows them to make lower prices. Also happens with my Cafelat Robot which costs 10% less in a Czech official reseller. I prefer to pay a little more for a national reseller in case of having to ship it back though.. but they're listed on Lelit's website so they must be legit

old_bear

#1866: Post by old_bear replying to bringyoutomyhell »

There is a number of shops in Poland (also accredited by Lelit) - as well as in the other countries that often get deals. Still, only this one is so nice.
And also, that "only five days left" discount hangs there for several weeks already.
I have a bad feeling about that.

In Italy, you can go to Elektros.it, I suppose. More expensive, but correlates with "low" prices around.

Smo

#1867: Post by Smo »

Descaling will not damage the stainless steel boiler in any way. But it is clearly harmful to copper pipes, copper boilers and chrome elements.
Unreasonable disassembly of the E61 group is also a harmful event. I recently read on this forum:
"For lubrication, add a couple of drops of olive oil to the blank filter.
The coffee beans also release oil, which will complete the lubrication.

bringyoutomyhell

#1868: Post by bringyoutomyhell replying to Smo »

Oh right, copper is the problem when descaling

You think olive oil is enough? I think coffee beans (at least in my case) are far more light than in the 60s, so there's little to no oil to lubricate the pins in the lever. And users of Bianca are probably using light roast as they're the one most benefitting of flow profiling. But who knows..

Smo

#1869: Post by Smo »

Everyone uses Bianca, I love medium and dark roasts.
And there is as much oil in coffee beans as it was in 1960. Dark roasting only brings it to the surface of the beans.

bringyoutomyhell

#1870: Post by bringyoutomyhell replying to Smo »

Mmh you have a point. But on coffeeforums.uk I found one user with a Bianca that crapped out after less than a year, and when he opened the group with advice from the forum admin he found the problem was the lack of lubrication so... I don't know..