Synesso for Home - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sidcam (original poster)

#11: Post by sidcam (original poster) »

Soooo... without divulging any information or specifics, could a reseller who has received an updated on this machine answer this question?

If your machine had died forcing you to spend the past 6 months drinking Starbucks and Nespresso but now your wife has OKed the purchase of any machine you want up to the price of a Slayer, would you wait and continue to drink Starbucks and Nespresso just to know more about this machine?

PM is OK :mrgreen:

Roasty
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by Roasty »

Anyone know any updates? I'm highly intrigued . . .

cmin

#13: Post by cmin »

Almost November and not even a fractional piece of info lol, let alone was teased initially almost a year ago now.

sidcam (original poster)

#14: Post by sidcam (original poster) »

Got nothing.

I have a Google News search set up for them and keep watching Daily Coffee News, especially around trade show times, and there's zilch out there on anything new from Synesso. Only news at all is they just lost their VP of Sales and Marketing to another company.

Maybe the Sanremo You announcement will shake something out of them. I would be shocked if a Synesso offering wasn't comparable to the You in regards to features (albeit with more 1980's Soviet styling then the futuristic looking Sanremo).

jason112

#15: Post by jason112 »

I texted Synesso guys via Facebook, Instagram and emails. They don't even bother to reply me. This is so different from Sanremo. I was shocked that they even replied my Facebook message on Sunday (yesterday) telling me that the "YOU" will be available in 3 months.

So won't put any hope on Synesso - they just don't care for home users. Once I can pre order Sanremo YOU, I will. Bye bye Synesso.

SteveRhinehart

#16: Post by SteveRhinehart »

Last I heard was that, like many products this year, it's delayed. We're facing global shortages of parts and materials, plus delays in manufacturing and shipping. Some speculation says it'll be at least another year before we start to approach pre-2020 normalcy. Not a good time for anyone to try to make and stock a product.

sidcam (original poster)

#17: Post by sidcam (original poster) replying to SteveRhinehart »

As someone who's remodeling their house right now, I absolutely understand this. I also can't imagine what all the VA E1 Prima service calls are doing to Simonelli's bottom line.

I'm just antsy because I have a dead machine and very high regards for what Synesso puts in the cup.

All I really want to know is if Synesso's tease is for a machine that's more entry level than special (akin to Sanremo's Cube). If so, I'll happily forget about them and move on.

But tell me it's a lighter, smaller 120v Hydra MVP at or under the price of a GS3 (and maybe with a reservoir) and I'll probably grab something old and cheap on Craigslist and happily wait as long as Synesso wants me to wait (unless the Sanremo You convinces me otherwise).

BaristaBoy E61

#18: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

sidcam wrote:As someone who's remodeling their house right now, I absolutely understand this. I also can't imagine what all the VA E1 Prima service calls are doing to Simonelli's bottom line.

I'm just antsy because I have a dead machine and very high regards for what Synesso puts in the cup.
As someone whose remodelling a house right now, I personally would order a KvdW Speedster IdroMatic and be done with it - Probably for the rest of my life!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

cmin

#19: Post by cmin »

sidcam wrote: unless the Sanremo You convinces me otherwise
That machine is looking sweet, I'm seriously considering it. I messaged them on Insta with few questions.

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#20: Post by JB90068 »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:As someone whose remodelling a house right now, I personally would order a KvdW Speedster IdroMatic and be done with it - Probably for the rest of my life!
The Speedster looks amazing. If you don't want to remodel, it would look great in this: :D

If I was remodeling I would get an LM Leva X1.

Sorry Sidcam to take this OT and offer unsolicited opinions.

As to drinking Starbucks? I'd get an Aeropress or just drink tea while waiting... :)
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.