Synesso for Home

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sidcam

#1: Post by sidcam »

Anyone know anything about Synesso's new machine geared toward home users?
Just saw this on their website:
https://synesso.com/product_category/home-category/

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

That's very interesting - Thanks for posting!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#3: Post by mivanitsky »

That might be very interesting, if there were any more substantive information, beyond very sexy profile/product photography designed to obscure detail.

michael

#4: Post by michael »

I agree with that assessment 8)

SteveRhinehart

#5: Post by SteveRhinehart »

They teased it on Instagram on January 1st with the same photo as that page. I would expect we will hear an announcement near October 1st, in time for Expo.

allegedlybrewing

#6: Post by allegedlybrewing »

i'm not gonna hold my breath on that one, i was looking forward to this and checking back in monthly on it. i sent a message or two and left some comments and its been radio silence. Now i don't expect anybody to bending to every person that asks about but when multiple big name accounts and names in coffee ask about it and your social media teams just drops more pictures of S2/300s then i don't think they have a real plan.

If something does drop I'm sure i'll eat it up but i won't be surprised if its just a red herring at the end of the day.

sidcam (original poster)

#7: Post by sidcam (original poster) »

They started teasing this in January?!? Wow, that's a long lead time without saying anything. Maybe I won't wait to buy a new machine...

A one group S-series that runs on 110v and weighs closer to a GS3 than the one group MVP Hydra's 154lbs would seem to be a logical guess as it would also fill a niche for food trucks, coffee carts, etc. But Synesso is now owned by a conglomerate that makes $20 toasters, so I guess it really could be anything now.

SteveRhinehart

#8: Post by SteveRhinehart »

Let's not forget that we are still in the midst of a global pandemic which has widely affected the availability of parts and materials, not to mention their prices. It's quite reasonable to see delays for R&D and production as well as changes in scope due to extended lead times.

I cannot share what I know about the machine at this time, but I can confirm that resellers have received updates about it since January.

nguye569

#9: Post by nguye569 »

I saw hints of this as well, but with nothing confirmed and the upgrade bug constantly coming at me I decided to just get the LMLM.

michael

#10: Post by michael »

Can you say whether it will be like the hydra 8)