Comandante vs 1Zpresso microns does not match - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
rajbangsa

#11: Post by rajbangsa »

IMO

even with the "same micron"

grinds will always got different behavior (particles shape/uniformity) between different burrs

hence the taste different...

EvanOz85

#12: Post by EvanOz85 »

What on Earth? Why are you all worrying about the amount of clicks, and "recipes" that describe number of clicks? Just use the grinder and adjust the grind setting to what brews in a target time and tastes good. How strange!!

Advertisement
iyayy

#13: Post by iyayy replying to EvanOz85 »

because some beans are freakin expensive per 100gm and limited in batches u'd like to have a good starting point that have good taste, fine tune further from there, while being able to enjoy what small amount u have.

i have beans that i need to grind espresso at 2.3clicks on 1z, and another at 3.2clicks. with same beans thats already a useless gush or a uselss 0 yield choke, or more than 1minute brew time difference on espresso. same with brew, some taste better at 6.5, other at 10.5+. and these are repeatable results.

there's also for the attempt to compare taste. beans stock is always an issue.

N714 (original poster)

#14: Post by N714 (original poster) »

iyayy wrote:super consistent.
btw just wondering how do u find c40 vs the k? im curious about the taste but i dont think i wanna go back to clicky stuff under burr after living with the k.
To be honest both are great and I think it is very hard to tell a difference, and both have the same burr geometry.

N714 (original poster)

#15: Post by N714 (original poster) »

EvanOz85 wrote:What on Earth? Why are you all worrying about the amount of clicks, and "recipes" that describe number of clicks? Just use the grinder and adjust the grind setting to what brews in a target time and tastes good. How strange!!
Because in almost all reviews the numbers 22.5 and 30 are mention, however in real life it is not the same. Or at least from my experience

Brewing espresso with Comndante is very hard (because it does not have enough clicks) one click is turbo shot and the other chokes the machine

Having more clicks = easier to adjust the recipe for espresso

I hope you got the picture :)

jpender

#16: Post by jpender »

N714 wrote:...both have the same burr geometry.
How can it be that the burrs have the same geometry but different change in gap per change in vertical movement?

N714 (original poster)

#17: Post by N714 (original poster) »

It not the same burr comndante is 40mm and the 1Z is 48mm

What I mean is that they have similar burr design which aim to produce low fines compared to other conical burrs

Advertisement
Jonk

#18: Post by Jonk »

They are just about the same size, it's just a matter of how to measure. Most reports I've read seem to favor the Comandante in the cup, if only slightly. So any comparison there is interesting. In the video above Hedrick seem to prefer the flavor from 1zpresso K-Plus, but goes into no detail onto why.

dyno

#19: Post by dyno »

Sounds like the J-Max would work for you. I've had no trouble dialing in the grind for espresso and the quality in the cup isn't far off from my Mythos. I dunno if the 8.8 micron thing is marketing but certainly dialing in shots is a piece of cake.

N714 (original poster)

#20: Post by N714 (original poster) replying to dyno »

I have tried the J max it is really precise when it comes to dialing in

One clicks changes the extraction by 1-2 sec!

To be honest k-plus works fine with me for espresso. But I just wanted to ask if others experience same difference as me. And to see if it accurate to compare grinder with microns adjustment size