Helor Flux (Helor 106): A review after 6 months of ownership. - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Jonk

#41: Post by Jonk »

Custom grinder Bonafabrica from Russia

Could be a nice compliment to the Helor :)

Certainly worth a try if you like very light roasts.

Rabh

#42: Post by Rabh » replying to Jonk »

Wow, I had no idea that existed. Very neat.

EvanOz85

#43: Post by EvanOz85 »

Anyone tried, or interested in, converting their Helor 106 to an 83mm grinder, as seen in this video?

The STL files for the 3d printed parts are here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4578496

Any thoughts on whether this would be an upgrade or downgrade? He uses Itamill burrs in the video, but I would assume this would work for Mazzer's set as well? Obviously there would also be questions about alignment, seeing as the outer burr is screwed straight into a 3D printed part. Interesting project, nonetheless.

Stevebcoffee

#44: Post by Stevebcoffee »

Would be interesting to see this carried out. Not sure why it should affect alignment as there shouldn't be any give because of the printed part. PLA with high infill and high detail could work. Looks like the holes on the Mazzer burrs are in the same place as the Italmills so possibly works with either. The Mazzer burrs are not cheap though

BodieZoffa

#45: Post by BodieZoffa »

Honestly I see no reason to stray from the 71 mm set as the grind/build quality of the 106/Flux is as good as any grinder can be/needs to be.

EvanOz85

#46: Post by EvanOz85 »

Stevebcoffee wrote:Would be interesting to see this carried out. Not sure why it should affect alignment as there shouldn't be any give because of the printed part. PLA with high infill and high detail could work. Looks like the holes on the Mazzer burrs are in the same place as the Italmills so possibly works with either. The Mazzer burrs are not cheap though
I have a Helor 106 as well as a set of 83mm Mazzer burrs. I don't have access to a 3D printer, though.
BodieZoffa wrote:Honestly I see no reason to stray from the 71 mm set as the grind/build quality of the 106/Flux is as good as any grinder can be/needs to be.
I mostly agree. It would just be one of those "try it out cause ya can" type things.

tompoland

#47: Post by tompoland »

Appreciate the heads up on the Helor 106 tx.

I have five grinders and some need RDT and some not. I don't RDT with the Niche or EG-1 for example but on the Honne it is a must.

I suspect the bean had an influence as well. For example a darker roasted bean is presumably drier and more likely to need RDT?
Some people drink coffee to wake up, I wake up to drink coffee.