Helor Stance Motor - a 83mm conical single dosing grinder - First Look - Page 18

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
speedplay

#171: Post by speedplay »

ttttt91 wrote:Last time I ordered from Helor, the 101, the shipping stayed for 6 days in "ready for UPS" but then it was in 2 days delivered....lets see this time..

got my confirmation too...
That seems to be the same for the Stance Motor too. My label was created on 10/09, ready for UPS but as of today it still has not shipped.
The email notification from Helor stated "your order from Helor has shipped" obviously it has not and don't see the point of sending an email stating it has when it has not shipped out yet.

ttttt91

#172: Post by ttttt91 »

Same here, shipped 10/9 and yesterday evening "export scan" in Canada. It takes some days until the grinder arrives in Canada to be registered at UPS. Extrapolating from the 101 shipment I would expect the grinder to arrive Tuesday or so...

rynogee

#173: Post by rynogee »

i know this may seem like a strange question for this grinder, but can anyone comment if it is possible to grind up to a large particle size, for press or pour over purposes? (tried searching this thread but couldn't seem to find any comments on this topic)

I'm considering rationalising grinders and investing in this as only having one. I grine for espresso 95% of the time, but would be nice to be able to grind larger with this if it does it.

ttttt91

#174: Post by ttttt91 »

From the FAQ of the option-o page

"HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE EASE OF CHANGING FROM ESPRESSO TO POUR OVER AND BACK TO ESPRESSO? EASY TO GET BACK TO THE ESPRESSO MARK CONSISTENTLY?
In short, the procedure is relatively easy and will be very repeatable with the numbered scale.

Because the Stance has a fine thread (0.5mm) to make it easy to adjust for espresso, it does mean the adjustment ring has to be moved by about 1-1.5 revolution for pour over. Moving the ring is easy and smooth, but you do need to remember where you are relatively on the scale (whether +1 revolution or -1 revolution). If all else fail, just chuck a few beans in for test grind and you'll know for sure. Once you're in the correct revolution, returning to your dialed-in espresso grind is just as easy as returning to the last grind setting number you used.

When adjusting finer, the motor does need to be running while making the adjustment.