[PROMO] LeverCraft Ultra Grinder - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
DucaiMann (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by DucaiMann (original poster) »

knumph wrote:Just to be clear, this isn't a "Kickstarter" sort of backing is it? This is a product that is already being manufactured etc and payment guarantees reception of the grinder? Sorry I don't mean to offend
No offense taken! No, it is not a kickstarter. This is in production now, and will be ready Aug. 2020 for final shipping! Since each grinder is made to order, we are taking pre-orders through June.

There are more accessories that we are playing around with, but nothing in final production just yet.

knumph

#22: Post by knumph »

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm extremely tempted to drop the preorder cash right now, but I've got one more question. I hate being the early adopter only to see the next generation of a product come with features that I wish I had. What would a second generation look like? Were there features that you wish you could have gotten on the initial version that you just couldn't squeeze in? I think "perfectly aligned 98mm ssp single doser for 2200 bucks" is plenty of advertisement already, and I'm extremely impressed. Just curious where you see the project going from here.

DucaiMann (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by DucaiMann (original poster) replying to knumph »

I am the same way as you. My coffee journey started on HB and I know what it's like when you think you have the best of something and then the next thing comes along. If I didn't believe in the grinder as much as I do, I would have no intention of selling it.

When you see the features of the grinder for yourself, you are going to realize that there isn't going to be anything major to improve upon. We could certainly add more accessories, but those can always be added on after the fact!

A frustrating thing that I keep seeing on new products is how little information is shared before the launch. We are going to do it the opposite. We are making a full video of the grinder, it's features, and will be doing regular live streams showing the grinder so you can know what to expect!

LaPeppina

#24: Post by LaPeppina »

I dont know of any grinder with aligned horizontal SSP burrs.

Anyway thank you for the infos and videos :)

Charlemagne

#25: Post by Charlemagne »

The mound of ground coffee peaks on the left side of the portafilter in the speed test video. Does anyone expect that to be an issue or just a minor inconvenience rectified by standard distribution techniques?

wachuko

#26: Post by wachuko »

What I do not get or like is the packaging...that massive control box. And I find it awkward the location of the power cable plug...why in front where the dial is? If you decide to keep the box next to the grinder, I would prefer a clean look with the cable on the opposite end. Even if you hide it still feels like it should be located opposite to the controller...

For what this costs, I rather stretch my budget and get a KafaTek Max. Great package and all sized perfectly.
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

foam2

#27: Post by foam2 »

The control box and cabling are an issue. If this was sitting on a work bench or in a cafe this set up would be great but for home use, sitting on a kitchen counter it is really bulky, and the cabling from the video intro look enormous. The wife would throw me out lol.

RyanP

#28: Post by RyanP replying to foam2 »

Having the same thought. Hard to see how that could work in my kitchen.

LaPeppina

#29: Post by LaPeppina »

foam2 wrote:The control box and cabling are an issue. If this was sitting on a work bench or in a cafe this set up would be great but for home use, sitting on a kitchen counter it is really bulky, and the cabling from the video intro look enormous. The wife would throw me out lol.

I guess new wife is the answer then :D

knumph

#30: Post by knumph »

Ordered! I've got some ideas for how to make the control box work in my space. Can't wait to see further updates