STL or CAD files for Niche Zero base?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
sealthedeal

#1: Post by sealthedeal »

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have access to, or has created, a model for the niche zero wooden base?

These are easily available for other wooden parts and accessories, but I can't find one for the larger base piece of wood which is a shame as I'd like to have a go at blacking out my black NZ.

Had hoped to find one on this thread (Niche Zero STL file for wooden parts?) but no luck.

Thanks!

pGolay

#2: Post by pGolay »

I can make one. I'm not sure when I'll have the time to (i.e. remember to) disassemble mine and measure and all, but if you PM me I'll see if I can do that.
-PG

Advertisement
pGolay

#3: Post by pGolay »

@sealthedeal, I've made a Niche Zero base - give me a shout if you want to try it - I have not printed it to verify. Step, STL or any of a number of other formats...

Surface version, more accurate, you can convert to mesh at whatever resolution you need

the mesh version for printing, .001" resolution to the underlying surfaces.

But, again, I have not printed this so while I believe my model is pretty accurate to the wooden part, I have not tested.
-PG

luvmy40

#4: Post by luvmy40 »

If you send me the .stl, I'd be happy to print one and test fit. My son did the feet and cup holder but never got to the main base.

BTW, are you going to post this on thingiverse?

pGolay

#5: Post by pGolay »

The main thing I am unsure about is the basic footprint - my (paper) printer gets scaling all wrong so it is difficult to do a sanity check. I could send you a thin slice out of the bottom so you can print it quickly with not much material. My guess is it will take some slight tweaking at least.
I don't know the answer to the thingverse question... I'll investigate.
-PG

luvmy40

#6: Post by luvmy40 »

That'll work. I'll DM my email.

luvmy40

#7: Post by luvmy40 »

pGolay wrote:The main thing I am unsure about is the basic footprint - my (paper) printer gets scaling all wrong so it is difficult to do a sanity check. I could send you a thin slice out of the bottom so you can print it quickly with not much material. My guess is it will take some slight tweaking at least.
I don't know the answer to the thingverse question... I'll investigate.
Got the files. Tiny in scale. I sent an email with questions.

Advertisement
pGolay

#8: Post by pGolay »

Ah - the STL format is unitless - the object is modeled in mm, if that helpd you scale it. I'll check email...

oops sorry, different part - it is modeled in inches. I measured it using my olden-days dial caliper, which is in inches so it seemed easier. I'll send one in mm.
-PG

luvmy40

#9: Post by luvmy40 »

We are getting there!

This is actually a pretty good fit, just not quite perfect.

pGolay

#10: Post by pGolay »

Yeah, I'll monkey with it - I do not have access to a scan, which would be very helpful in this case....

-Pascal
-PG