Weber Key Grinder - Page 60

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
beanboy

#591: Post by beanboy »

Has anyone that emailed about DHL shipping since the update received an invoice yet? Granted it was posted on the last day of the year, but I haven't received any kind of acknowledgement.

highwayoneman

#592: Post by highwayoneman »

I received my Key yesterday. I'm US based and DHL charged me 30 in import duty. I have only just dialed it in, but can say that it is of 'Weber' quality. The fit and finish are excellent, touches like the cup magnet and the brush cover are innovative. I won't comment yet on performance as I've only tasted one pull to this point (which was very enjoyable). I'm an EG-1 user that purchased the Key for my office but will leave it at home for a while to get to know it. I particularly enjoyed the grounds 'cup' emptying process vs my EG-1, no static and the coating causes the coffee to slide right into the portafilter. I think its the same cup as in the HG-2, but I have not seen one of those in person. Overall, great first impression.

BruceWayne

#593: Post by BruceWayne »

DHL claims they didn't know where they picked mine up from, doubtful, and that they have no idea what a KEY is, likely. Mine is stuck in LA from what I can tell. Since I told them it's a coffee grinder and updated them with Webers Taiwan address late last night, maybe they'll figure it out. :( I was going to wait for the free shipping, but changed my mind when considering that the container isn't going to ship until the last indiegogo Snow grinder is made.

I chose the Key over a Niche primarily because of the enclosed workflow and appearance, so I'm glad to hear that it's working so far for you.

vietcrunk

#594: Post by vietcrunk »

highwayoneman wrote:I received my Key yesterday. I'm US based and DHL charged me 30 in import duty. I have only just dialed it in, but can say that it is of 'Weber' quality. The fit and finish are excellent, touches like the cup magnet and the brush cover are innovative. I won't comment yet on performance as I've only tasted one pull to this point (which was very enjoyable). I'm an EG-1 user that purchased the Key for my office but will leave it at home for a while to get to know it. I particularly enjoyed the grounds 'cup' emptying process vs my EG-1, no static and the coating causes the coffee to slide right into the portafilter. I think its the same cup as in the HG-2, but I have not seen one of those in person. Overall, great first impression.
Could we trouble you for some pics?

highwayoneman

#595: Post by highwayoneman »

Sure thing...I'll snap a few later this evening when i get home. Let me know if anything in particular you want to see

Schenk

#596: Post by Schenk »

Glad to hear that units are finally making it to their homes. Thinking I still have months of waiting for mine to ship... Until then I will be watching the thread for all the pics and reviews of the owners that have received. Thanks all

chipman

#597: Post by chipman »

Just received my grinder awhile ago an am reporting back that there was no extra duty I had to pay and that the carton was in spotless condition. Looking forward to opening my belated Christmas gift in awhile.

highwayoneman

#598: Post by highwayoneman »

Some photos as requested!

vietcrunk

#599: Post by vietcrunk »

Oouu thank you! What are ya first impressions? Looks nice.

chipman

#600: Post by chipman »

Could I ask if you had any problem installing the wipers? I guess i'll have to go to plan B to loosen the screw. I did make one drink, it was easy to dial in perfectly following Dougs instruction. . I'll install the wipers tomorrow, but they really weren't even necessary. Must be the rain.