Weber Key Grinder - Page 72

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
BruceWayne

#711: Post by BruceWayne »

I really needed a rubber glove to get enough grip on the shaft. Luckily, I had some sturdy cleaning gloves available. I also needed stick some beans in the grind chamber as recommended. Once I followed both of those recommendations from the instructions, I was able to unscrew the hub cap.

The alternative is to seize up the grinder. :( It was really easy to unscrew in that state. :(

Mike Panic

#712: Post by Mike Panic »

Jaded post/

At this point it's almost comical, I was sub 125 backer in the USA, onyx with no add ons. When the announcement was made for the DHL shipping I made a stink, but still paid within 30 minutes of getting the backerkit email. My card was charged on January 5th for shipping, still no shipping info or tracking number.

/jaded post

stump007

#713: Post by stump007 replying to Mike Panic »

Have you emailed them to inquire? They are quite reactive.

mel5582

#714: Post by mel5582 »

BruceWayne wrote:I really needed a rubber glove to get enough grip on the shaft. Luckily, I had some sturdy cleaning gloves available. I also needed stick some beans in the grind chamber as recommended. Once I followed both of those recommendations from the instructions, I was able to unscrew the hub cap.

The alternative is to seize up the grinder. :( It was really easy to unscrew in that state. :(
What I did was to remove the gear cover, and stick the small allen key screw through the upper gear to the back gear and lock the shaft in place. Then removed the burr screw.

Ahmad H.

#715: Post by Ahmad H. »

I heard that there are more than one brand of motor used for the key, and one type is weaker than the other and can cause stalling duo to motor weak torque?

Not sure if true but one particular buyer was talking about it on Instagram that he got the weaker motor and it's causing issues with light roasts.

versusqc

#716: Post by versusqc »

Ahmad H. wrote:I
Not sure if true but one particular buyer was talking about it on Instagram that he got the weaker motor and it's causing issues with light roasts.
Interesting, could you ask them what motor they have (pictures?) so that people may compare with their own motor? First time I hear about two motors being used

vietcrunk

#717: Post by vietcrunk »

Ahmad H. wrote:I heard that there are more than one brand of motor used for the key, and one type is weaker than the other and can cause stalling duo to motor weak torque?

Probably gonna need some proof on this one. Kind da alarming if true.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#718: Post by baldheadracing »

Ahmad H. wrote:I heard that there are more than one brand of motor used for the key, and one type is weaker than the other and can cause stalling duo to motor weak torque?

Link, please.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#719: Post by JB90068 »

As an EG-1 owner and someone who owns and uses many other Weber products, my opinion is that this is just a rumor. From my perspective, WW's quality has never been an issue, so this seems highly unlikely, at least to me.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

Monsterzero

#720: Post by Monsterzero »

Has anyone received one of these new Weber grinders yet to try out and give their opinion/review?