Bragging Rights Thread: Great Coffee Gear Scores! - Page 37

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
aldus9999

#361: Post by aldus9999 »

Here is another FB Marketplace find. Salvatore Automatic 2005 model. Came with 2 portafilters, 2 baskets, flushing basket, tamper and a steaming pitcher. $250 shipped. When I opened it up, it showed no evidence of use, no water stains and just a little dust. When I filled it with water, and ran it, found a small leak that was easy to fix. Comes up to pressure fast, generates lots of steam and hot water. I can't believe how clean the machine is. The only physical damage that I found was a bent case screw and housing trim is unglued in a few places. I haven't had time to descale and backflush, but hoping to do it this weekend. It is likely to send my Silvia into retirement. Also, if anyone can suggest a different steaming tip that would fit Salvatore, I would appreciate it. Right now it has a tip that has 2 side openings as well as a bottom one. I called Salvatore but they didn't have any other tips for it and I heard that some other ones may fit.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#362: Post by yakster »

Nice find, Alex, looks practically brand new.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

TheMadTamper

#363: Post by TheMadTamper »

aldus9999 wrote:Here is another FB Marketplace find. Salvatore Automatic 2005 model. Came with 2 portafilters, 2 baskets, flushing basket, tamper and a steaming pitcher. $250 shipped. When I opened it up, it showed no evidence of use, no water stains and just a little dust. When I filled it with water, and ran it, found a small leak that was easy to fix. Comes up to pressure fast, generates lots of steam and hot water. I can't believe how clean the machine is. The only physical damage that I found was a bent case screw and housing trim is unglued in a few places. I haven't had time to descale and backflush, but hoping to do it this weekend. It is likely to send my Silvia into retirement. Also, if anyone can suggest a different steaming tip that would fit Salvatore, I would appreciate it. Right now it has a tip that has 2 side openings as well as a bottom one. I called Salvatore but they didn't have any other tips for it and I heard that some other ones may fit. image
Incredibly nice find there! In new condition like that, that thing is probably the last machine you'll ever need to buy so long as it fills your needs. The inside is built like a commercial machine, and you just jumped waaaaaaay above Silvia!

AFAIK it uses the same boiler and wand my 2010 "SES" (the "budget" side-mount E61 clone machine), and I tried a handful of tips with it at the time, and ended up on a 3 or 4 hole tip, but I can't remember what machine it was for! The original wasn't bad though, and, in the years between I've become a lot better at steaming to the point that I actually like the Cimbali stock tips everyone complains are far too powerful which, incidentally, is a lot like the stock tip on your machine. If I stumble into what ones I tried though, I'll let you know!
LMWDP #642

slybarman

#364: Post by slybarman »

aldus9999 wrote:Here is another FB Marketplace find. Salvatore Automatic 2005 model. Came with 2 portafilters, 2 baskets, flushing basket, tamper and a steaming pitcher. $250 shipped. When I opened it up, it showed no evidence of use, no water stains and just a little dust. When I filled it with water, and ran it, found a small leak that was easy to fix. Comes up to pressure fast, generates lots of steam and hot water. I can't believe how clean the machine is. The only physical damage that I found was a bent case screw and housing trim is unglued in a few places. I haven't had time to descale and backflush, but hoping to do it this weekend. It is likely to send my Silvia into retirement. Also, if anyone can suggest a different steaming tip that would fit Salvatore, I would appreciate it. Right now it has a tip that has 2 side openings as well as a bottom one. I called Salvatore but they didn't have any other tips for it and I heard that some other ones may fit. image
Cool little machine.

randomorbit

#365: Post by randomorbit »

Picked up a like-new Eureka Zenith 65e for $400 off Amazon Marketplace. It was originally bought just over a year ago for a bakery cafe that really didn't sell much espresso, and didn't even try for very long. Based on the shot counters I estimate less than 16 pounds of coffee have gone through it. Thanks for breaking it in for me nice baker lady!

It's a really nice upgrade from my Mazzer Mini. SUPER fast, no WDT needed, and the electronic timers are a luxury. Only a couple shots through it so far, but I think it's safe to say the grind consistency is better than the Mazzer too. and LOOK it fits under the cabinet with almost half a millimeter to spare!

Chert

#366: Post by Chert »

nice!

single group commercial HX units can be scored. I picked up my SAE-1 Argenta at the local second hand store for $25
LMWDP #198

drgary
Team HB

#367: Post by drgary »

About a month ago at a nearby Goodwill, I scored this Bonavita BV1901TS brewer that I'll use in my office - except it's so fast and easy to use I can't get myself to take it off the counter at home.

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#368: Post by TomC (original poster) »

Smokin' good price on that.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Intrepid510

#369: Post by Intrepid510 »

Breville Express found for free off of Craigslist. Interestingly I rang the guys door bell and he just handed it to me without a word. It was covered in old coffee and dog hair, but hey the price was right.

Anyway cleaned it up and it seemed like it had sat for a long time and the solenoids in it were bad. I wasn't too sure in the pumps either so I just sent it in to Breville for the repair fee.

While after the repair fee of 240 not a screaming deal, but it's a very capable machine and I probably wouldn't have done this if it wasn't for the write up Mark Prince did at CoffeeGeek.

The machine is great for making small milk drinks, I wouldn't put any third wave coffee through it however full city roasts are excellent in it.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#370: Post by baldheadracing »

Old used R-440 off of Mercari.com (Japanese kinda-Craigslist). This grinder is mostly the old style of R-440. It is probably very old due to the green Fuji Royal crown stickers. The front adjuster and housing, burrs, grounds container, and hopper look to be the current production versions.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada