The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 324

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Randy G.

#3231: Post by Randy G. »

From WFTV9 in Florida:
"A Kissimmee pastor who teaches online ministry classes was arrested Monday for exposing himself and performing a sex act on himself at a Starbucks store, deputies said."

Uhh.. I have worked in the coffee industry in various ways, on and off for two decades now. I really like coffee. I roast my own coffee. I write about coffee. I teach about coffee. I have a coffee website. I have created coffee posters. I have influenced various factors in the industry in some ways. talking about coffee excites me. But coffee has never gotten me THAT excited, particularly at a Starbucks!
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Mad Scientist

#3232: Post by Mad Scientist »

Wait! Where are you going?... I was going to make espresso!
“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Londinium 1 (2014)

Advertisement
Randy G.

#3233: Post by Randy G. »

Mad Scientist wrote:Wait! Where are you going?... I was going to make espresso!
That line was an adlib and it caused the film crew to crack up!
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3234: Post by baldheadracing »

Coca-Cola will be bringing automatic coffee vending machines to the USA:
Costa Smart Café is a revolutionary piece of autonomous equipment that provides barista-quality coffee at the touch of a button - essentially an unmanned coffee shop in a box. ... The hot and cold drinks are always crafted using fresh beans, which are ground inside the machine, and fresh milk, which is frothed by the machine.
- more at https://www.beveragedaily.com/Article/2 ... sta-launch

More about the machines:
This is the world's first integrated self-serve coffee machine, reinvented to deliver both hot and iced drinks. The machine can deliver over 500 barista-quality hot & iced drinks, from iced coffees to flavoured iced fruit cordials.
- more at https://www.costa.co.uk/business/costa-express/machines
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

TomC
Team HB

#3235: Post by TomC »

Somebody locally sold a Riviera for $70 this morning. I received an email reply that was bcc'd to all the people who inquired, stating that yes, he actually sold it for $70. :shock:

Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Jeff
Team HB

#3236: Post by Jeff »

Imported from ...

... Italy?

Marmot

#3237: Post by Marmot »

I got something similar.
Coffee beans from a japanese roastery in Kobe but roasted in Spain (for the european market).
If the result is identical to the original I don't care :mrgreen:

Advertisement
Marcelnl

#3238: Post by Marcelnl »

recall reading that Heineken bought some Asahi brands a few years ago, Heineken is brewed all over the planet...and it tastes equally bland everywhere....I think they do the same thing with Asahi.
LMWDP #483

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#3239: Post by LBIespresso »

Jeff wrote:Imported from ...

... Italy?
I remember reading about Italian olive oil. It can be shipped from anywhere in the world even blended from multiple countries and then bottled in Italy as an "A product of Italy"

TMYK
LMWDP #580

Marcelnl

#3240: Post by Marcelnl replying to LBIespresso »

Within the EU the origin of the content must be mentioned on the label, so Italian bottled olive oil within the EU will have the origin described on the label as 'made from Italian oil' or made from oil originating within EU' or 'made from oil within and outside EU'. If Italian oil is from one region it may have the D.O.P label to indicate regionality.
LMWDP #483