SCAA 2007 Conference

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB »

To be honest, the only reason I go to the SCAA conference is to meet friends I've made online. If you plan to attend, please post your picture of yourself and a few words about what you hope to do, what plans you've already made, etc.

Dan Kehn

I plan to attend the second half of the USBC Judges' Certification Workshop (Thursday 9am-6pm) and hopefully work in a few shifts as sensory judge. Walking the showroom floor, checking out the espresso "power alley", and good company are my only other plans.
Dan Kehn

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

I would love to go, if they ever hold it on the east coast. My wife would have me admitted for psychiatric observation if I told her I was flying to California for a 'big coffee convention'. She thinks I am borderline nuts now.

I look forward to your updates from the show, sigh.

If you run into Barry, tell him and Maddie I said hi.
Dave Stephens

Fullsack

#3: Post by Fullsack »

I'm planning on it, no specifics yet

LMWDP #017
Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. T. Williams

primo posto

#4: Post by primo posto »

Really excited to be attending. Will be spending time talking with manufacturer reps and learning about home machines.

Kara
Live the life you've imagined.

another_jim
Team HB

#5: Post by another_jim »

Here's my mug:

Jim Schulman

cafeIKE

#6: Post by cafeIKE »

At least I've got my priorities in order...

Ken Fox

#7: Post by Ken Fox »

I'm going but I don't have any pictures of myself to post, plus I'm in France and have no camera available. I'll post a picture of another HB member, from the nearby state of Wyoming:

ken
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

AndyS

#8: Post by AndyS »

Ken Fox wrote:I'm going but I don't have any pictures of myself to post, plus I'm in France and have no camera available. I'll post a picture of another HB member, from the nearby state of Wyoming:
Which one is you?
-AndyS
VST refractometer/filter basket beta tester, no financial interest in the company

gscace

#9: Post by gscace replying to AndyS »

There's no point pulling the wool over your eyes - Ken is the one acting sheepishly.

I'm goin to da conference. I expect to talk about thermofilters, Scace 2, process and quality control, pressure profiling and how this stuff relates to good coffee at the Espresso Parts NW booth, and at Simonelli's booth as well (They're gonna be demonstrating the temperature stability of the Aurelia, like last year). I'm gonna shut up and listen to folks who know way more about coffee than I do. I hope to hang out a bit more at the BGA booth so I can get hopped up on false drugs. I hope to discuss potential changes to the WBC temperature measurement protocol with mfrs who are likely to submit machinery for the next WBC selection trials.

I'm gonna hang out with my coffee friends. I'm gonna finally meet John Sanders.

I'm also bringing my skates and I'm gonna to do some roller speedskating along the ocean and spend some quality time tapering prior to the half marathon I'm gonna skate on the 12th of May. Send me a private message if you're a skater and wanna chase down some cyclists and make them pay, or if you just wanna go for a more leisurely skate.

-Greg

Fullsack

#10: Post by Fullsack »

So far, I'm signed up for Coffee Tasting Intensives, Intro to Espresso, Hands-on Espresso and Beginning Craft Roasting, plus a breakfast and a lunch.

FYI, hotel rooms close to the Convention Center are becoming scarce.

This will be the first trip in a long time where bringing my travel kit won't be necessary.

LMWDP #017
Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. T. Williams