ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 39

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Thehomebrewcoffee

#381: Post by Thehomebrewcoffee »

Where do I buy an ACS evo Leva. I am located in Canada. I cannot find any website to purchase one. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
Home Brew Coffee - Stereo Coffee Roasters - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

baldheadracing
Team HB

#382: Post by baldheadracing replying to Thehomebrewcoffee »

You could import one directly from ACS and get an SPE-1000 field evaluation done to be able to use the machine in Ontario.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

DaveC

#383: Post by DaveC »

Thehomebrewcoffee wrote:Where do I buy an ACS evo Leva. I am located in Canada. I cannot find any website to purchase one. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
The website is rubbish, you will have to email them to get a price it http://www.elcor.it/vesuvius-evo-leva-en/

The website doesn't mention any customisations you can get e.g. types of wood, handle options, steam/water want types and positions (steam on left or right), or colours, well it mentions black I think, but other colours might be available..aaand the photos are not up to date.

Here is how a heavily optioned one can look, and it has the new feet (Vostok style) and bottom rail that is standard now. I think it looks fantastic!

https://coffeetime.freeflarum.com/d/10- ... -leva/1584

Heres an earlier version the person updated with a different wood for the handles...really nice

https://coffeetime.freeflarum.com/d/10- ... -leva/1670

As you can see both machines had different steam wand choices...ACS are pi** poor (understatement) with the website stuff and telling people what's available or can be done. It's like they want to keep it all the worlds best secret?

mathof

#384: Post by mathof »

Have you tried emailing ACS to ask the price and what customisations are available?

Thehomebrewcoffee

#385: Post by Thehomebrewcoffee »

Thank you! I'll reach out for pricing. I'm guessing it will be $7k CAD. Based on the R24 being $5600 CAD. But maybe I'm very wrong.

Cuprajake

#386: Post by Cuprajake »

i would say less than that

Thehomebrewcoffee

#387: Post by Thehomebrewcoffee »

Hi AD,

I like many on this forum am at the crossroads of LR24 or ACS VEL. I had actually placed an order for a acs but after reading through some issues on this forum I am very troubled with the idea of jumping into this machine. I was hoping I could be added to the lever heads group on telegram or speak with someone directly about how challenging it is to bring this machine to 100% functionality assuming it arrives with every possible problem that users have experienced here (worst case scenario). I do strongly feel the acs is the right machine for me but I'm worried that it will turn into a never ending nightmare machine. Am I crazy? Thanks

Ad-85

#388: Post by Ad-85 replying to Thehomebrewcoffee »

Hi, check your DM for the invite link. I can't speak for the Evo Leva tbh. A commercial machine popped up for sale locally and I jumped on it immediately (with less than 2 months of owning the evo leva).
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

Hugonl28

#389: Post by Hugonl28 »

Thehomebrewcoffee wrote:I like many on this forum am at the crossroads of LR24 or ACS
There have been a few iterations of the Evo Leva over time, they continue to make it better, every time someone finds an issue they fix it. With their direct sales approach, it means if you order one now it will be the latest iteration. My version is one month old now and it has many changes from the first version they shipped. I have absolutely zero issues with mine, been working flawlessly every day. Of course like any machine it will require some maintenance over time, so it does help if you can hold a screwdriver. I had my Bezzera Strega for 10 years prior to this, and I did all maintenance to it my self, it was very easy, just take pictures before you disassemble anything. The Evo Leva looks a lot cleaner and better organized inside than my Bezzera, so I'm expecting no problems over the coming years. Add to that most materials are even high quality stainless steel, I'm expecting only some descaling, lubing and seal replacement actually.

On the function of the Evo Leva I can say it has put all my previous levers to shame. Temperature stability is very good, both in brew water and grouphead. The design of the La San Marco group seems to me much better than 58mm lever groups, I'm getting less channeling. Steaming is better than my Strega (much better). Heat up time is really around 15-20 minutes. It's a lot quieter than it seems on video recordings. The grouphead stays very clean during normal usage, I wipe off the shower screen after a few shots but never seem to see anything there, it doesn't accumulate anything.. strange, but welcome. My only gripe is the drip tray I chose was the new laser cut one, which looks really nice but the old wire version would have been better functionally because with the laser cut one you need to wipe it off since some coffee will stay on the flat surfaces. That's my only gripe and a compromise I made myself, I chose looks over function. If you don't mind a wire driptray, I'd highly recommend that one. If you get it in matte black like I did, you won't see coffee splatters as much as on polished steel, so it will look clean all the time :)

Thehomebrewcoffee

#390: Post by Thehomebrewcoffee »

Commercial machine? Leva X by any chance? That's where I'm headed but not in the right spot for it yet.