Cafelat Robot User Experience

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
drgary
Team HB

#1: Post by drgary »

This evening Paul Pratt announced on Kickstarter that 50 Robots have shipped and that 15 more are being shipped every day. It's time to open a User Experience thread so we can learn from each other. This is also the thread for initial comments on the Cafelat Robot Review that we are rolling out in the Bench forum.

I have been notified that my Kickstarter reward machine is on its way!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

IMAWriter

#2: Post by IMAWriter »

DrG,
thanks for getting this thread starting, thus keeping things in their place. Much fun ahead.

Balthazar_B

#3: Post by Balthazar_B »

Paul also posted a link to the Robot user manual. I know I'll be memorizing it in advance of receiving my Barista build.

http://www.cafelat.com/uploads/1/5/3/6/ ... manual.pdf
- John

LMWDP # 577

Javier

#4: Post by Javier replying to Balthazar_B »

+ 1000 !!

The excitement in all of us is palpable.
LMWDP #115

Simon345

#5: Post by Simon345 »

When people start to receive their Robot would be great to see some more videos of it being used please.

Show off your shiny new toys!

samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by samuellaw178 »

An early Barista Robot is here! :D As Gary has alluded to earlier, I will also be joining the Cafelat Robot Review (which Gary has posted some excellent information already). My hope is we can provide some complementary tricks and tips to help Robot users get over their learning curve quicker (not much really - and Paul's user manual is pretty comprehensive if you have not already seen it), along with some observation/impression from my perspective that constitutes a 'review'. Will spend some time to get familiarized with the Baby before reporting.

wingnutsglory
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by wingnutsglory »

Great idea. Thanks for starting this. I'm eagerly awaiting the forthcoming barista version build....

Marcelnl

#8: Post by Marcelnl »

what the last picture is showing appears to be the barista build given it has the manometer, so those have also started shipping or did I miss something?

(eagerly awaiting my green Barista Robot)
LMWDP #483

vit

#9: Post by vit »

It looks like my Flair may get a replacement in the near future. This is definitively a better device in various aspects

It would be nice to have a single basket as well though

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#10: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Marcelnl wrote:what the last picture is showing appears to be the barista build given it has the manometer, so those have also started shipping or did I miss something?

(eagerly awaiting my green Barista Robot)
Yes, Marcel, you're missing that Sam got one early as a reviewer. :mrgreen:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!