Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 330

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#3291: Post by yakster »

Love those light fixtures too, Ryan.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

IamOiman
Team HB

#3292: Post by IamOiman »

I moved the Gaggia Internazionale to a display position in the dining room so I could free up some space in the kitchen for the Mercurio while placating the other people in the house that use that same space. There are a few key kinks I will need to work out with it but I am happy to have pulled espresso for it at the minimum.

Looking a little further out you can see most of the other machines hiding in this room. It's just the President you can't see. The Mercurio is in the kitchen, and down in the basement I have the Marte, Classica, P67, and Boema in various stages of disassembly. However I intend to bring upstairs the P67 soon as it does work but I just have not carved out space for it yet. On top of that I have three machines that should be shipped to me within a month probably, so that will confound my efforts a little.

Since it is warming up finally I will be switching out the 2 group President soon with two one group machines, probably the Lambro and maybe the Mercurio, Urania, or Bosco. I am condemned with choice I suppose 8)
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612
★ Helpful

drgary
Team HB

#3293: Post by drgary »

Ryan,

I think we need another lever espresso machine thread for restorations like yours. Even the Bosco gets lost in all that splendor. Maybe Lever Espresso Museum Gallery?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

IamOiman
Team HB

#3294: Post by IamOiman »

I am modifying this thread I started a while back to catalogue my threads, perhaps that can be a start Oiman's Virtual Collection Archive

If you are curious enough I can give a sneak peak on the next three machines that should be making their way over to me soon 8) . It's the first half of a big lot I agreed upon and we are doing a test shipment to see how it fares before committing the remaining machines

-Ryan
LMWDP #612
★ Helpful

espressotime

#3295: Post by espressotime replying to IamOiman »

Will be interesting to see how the LSM compares to the Faemas. My Lambro makes shots that are less harsh than the Pompei.
Do you keep al these machines?
I drink 4-5 shots a day. How many do you drink? :mrgreen:

IamOiman
Team HB

#3296: Post by IamOiman »

I am curious too to see if there is a difference between the LSM group and Zodiac group, but I don't expect too much of a difference.

I have only ever sold one machine, my little Elektra. I drink usually 3-4 doubles a day.
-Ryan
LMWDP #612

Primacog

#3297: Post by Primacog »

espressotime wrote:Will be interesting to see how the LSM compares to the Faemas. My Lambro def. kills the Pompei tastewise.
Do you keep al these machines?
I drink 4-5 shots a day. How many do you drink? :mrgreen:
Since my lever is a pompei, I know how good its shots are and so the faema must be an incredible machine to better it significantly! What do you think is the secret of the vintage lambro's quality of performance ?
LMWDP #729

espressotime

#3298: Post by espressotime »

Faema deliveres softer espresso.It is a matter of taste.The Pompei makes shots that are a little bit harsher.Of course my term " kills it" is an exaggeration.

cedar

#3299: Post by cedar »

That's exciting Ryan.

I have two of those waiting for refurb: an Eleva in the same colour but in 110v. It was found by a friend way up in Northern BC in a mining town called Smithers and it was a bit of an adventure to get it shipped from there.

It has been in storage for a while and is in pretty good shape, except the sight glass cover is missing and the bottom of the cover plate below the group was snapped off.

cedar

#3300: Post by cedar »

My Model 75 is a 2-g as well but with a hammered copper housing.

This was making coffee the day before I picked it up. It has been kept in good shape and the boiler and plumbing are pretty clean. The seller had been using RO water for the last 20 years, so perhaps when I open up the boiler the inside will be fairly clean too.