Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 332

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
IamOiman
Team HB

#3311: Post by IamOiman »

I took a few more pics of the Mercurio in better lighting and with all the feet installed properly (I took them off for some measurements earlier). The tall group behaves very similarly to the zodiac group. After using it for a few days I can note it takes about 40 minutes to reach operating temp from cold. Even with the tight band Mater pstat of just under 1 bar it remains off for about 50-60 seconds before turning on for 10 seconds with its 1500W element.

-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612
★ Helpful

JTom

#3312: Post by JTom »

My new Cremina. Love it!

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#3313: Post by FotonDrv »

I would go with the Bosco.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

zix

#3314: Post by zix »

The Strietman ES3 finally found its place.
New kitchen, we shifted it to the old living room since it was 8 square meters larger. Ridiculously skilful carpenters, they custom built the niche for the machine after listening to my rambling on and looking at a simple sketch.
Coming 'round the corner from the new living room:

The machine mount is my own idea, those of you that have seen the new Strietmen (CT1 and CT2) know where I got the inspiration... the original mount features a wood piece above and one below the steel backplate, to cover the electric wire. That solution wasn't going to work here though so I would have had to come up with something different anyway. The four knobs top and bottom provide stepless height adjustment (not that that is needed for daily use, but a bit practical, and fun ;)).

It is _very_ useful to have this guy hanging over the sink :)
LMWDP #047
★ Helpful

drgary
Team HB

#3315: Post by drgary »

That's a stunning installation of a great lever. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

IamOiman
Team HB

#3316: Post by IamOiman »

zix wrote:It is _very_ useful to have this guy hanging over the sink :)
I was going to say, clean up must be very easy for you 8)

I won't hog this thread too much, but I will post that the three machines I mentioned from earlier have arrived without damage. I am very excited to tear them apart soon.

-Ryan
LMWDP #612

cedar

#3317: Post by cedar »

They look great Ryan

zix

#3318: Post by zix »

drgary wrote:That's a stunning installation of a great lever. Thank you for sharing it with us!
My pleasure :) Thanks for the appreciation. I am really happy with it as it sits now. For anyone who would like to find a used one, the CT2 is the Strietman machine to look for now, as the group on them has a stainless sleeve on the inside of the cylinder. I am getting another machine (the Odyssey) to lessen the wear on the ES3.
LMWDP #047

IamOiman
Team HB

#3319: Post by IamOiman »

I gotta say when I woke up this morning I was not expecting find a second Gaggia Classica. It was on Facebook Marketplace but was not posted in a normal category, and the title was not Gaggia or espresso machine related. However, I am extremelly happy to find it, and the Classica was picked up by my friend Francesco Soriano less than 10km away in Rome 8) .

This Classica is dated from 22 September 1954, serial number SC 3092, and is only missing the wobbler weight and plexi. Just about one year older than the first one I found in Salerno

-Ryan
LMWDP #612

dak

#3320: Post by dak »

First time poster to this thread. Some really cool stuff! Recently spruced up a '77 La Pavoni and added some new bits. Now the CT2 has a friend :D