Decent Espresso news - Page 112

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
decent_espresso (original poster)
Sponsor

#1111: Post by decent_espresso (original poster) »

Marco80 wrote:Is it true (read this on the website) that you've run out of suitcases and can't deliver any machines before July? Can you say more about this, will you get plenty of suitcases in July or is there a queue? Also wouldn't it make sense to include the suitcase in the number of available machines shown on the website? I'd have ordered earlier but thought there'll be no problem in a few weeks as you still show about 60 DE1Pros available.
Looks we're lucky. We're going to run out of suitcases on thursday, and another 500 are scheduled to arrive on saturday morning. So, we'll only miss one day of shipping. Actually, not even, as I'm taking the company to Disneyland on Friday, so we wouldn't be shipping that day anyway.

I'm taking the no-shipping notice down off the website.

-john

Sponsor

#1112: Post by decent_espresso (original poster) »

Will John survive this year's Milan coffee show?

We have "codes" to let a dozen people get free entrance passes (worth €60) to https://worldofcoffee.org/ that's happening in Milan, Italy, next week.

Msg if you want one code (or two codes, if you're coming with someone).

-john

Sponsor

#1113: Post by decent_espresso (original poster) »

Marco80 wrote:Is it true (read this on the website) that you've run out of suitcases and can't deliver any machines before July? Can you say more about this, will you get plenty of suitcases in July or is there a queue? Also wouldn't it make sense to include the suitcase in the number of available machines shown on the website? I'd have ordered earlier but thought there'll be no problem in a few weeks as you still show about 60 DE1Pros available.
So, we got lucky, and only didn't ship on Friday, when we only had 2 suitcases left, but:

We had already designed Friday as "take everyone to Disneyland" and so we weren't shipping anyway.

and the server has a 6 hour outage, for a "corrupted index" error on mysql, which is something I've never, in 20 years of using the mysql database, ever seen. So, they wouldn't have been able to box anyway, as I was asleep during most of the outage.

and the suitcases arrived on Saturday, with some of my staff coming in to work, to get them into our warehouse, for shipping out on monday.

Sponsor

#1114: Post by decent_espresso (original poster) »

"I've had worse" coming to Milan

So THAT's what 3.5 meters tall, looks like!

Bugs and I are driving to Italy tomorrow, with 5 carts (three still to finish building)

to set up our trade show stand at https://worldofcoffee.org/

There will be two of those signs behind us, hopefully with "I've had worse" visible from a distance, over the tops of shorter stands.

We tried this "slogan" pre-COVID, at a trade show in New York City, and it never failed to make people laugh, and ask "what are you guys about?". So I offer to make them an espresso, and tell them that if they like how it tastes, I will explain how it's done. And if they don't like how it tastes, well, no point in wasting their time...

We'll have grinders from Weber and Niche, Scott Rao will be making Filter 2.1 shots and Alan from "50% Arabica" will be making espressos from his own roasts.

-john