Green Coffee Exchange - Page 16

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#151: Post by LBIespresso »

GC7 wrote:Hi Andrew

It appears there might be enough interest for a second box. I have 3 takers already with perhaps a couple of pounds left over if I take 5 rather than 7 pounds. I'm on the Hudson but one bridge north of you in Westchester County.
Gotcha, I was mostly curious enough to try a couple of pounds but my freezer has enough coffee to last all of 22. So for now I'll pass.

But if you ever find yourself in the city, give me a heads up and we can grab a cup...my treat if it's in the Village! :wink:
LMWDP #580

GC7

#152: Post by GC7 »

LBIespresso wrote: But if you ever find yourself in the city, give me a heads up and we can grab a cup...my treat if it's in the Village! :wink:
Thanks. Will do.

If you want to try the experiment discussed on the other thread by trying to match the roasts and flavors from a gas drum Cormorant with an induction electric drum Bullet, we are but a few MetroNorth stops away or a short run up the Henry Hudson/Saw Mill River Parkway.

Advertisement
LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#153: Post by LBIespresso replying to GC7 »

Funny I am just south of the city (mostly) a short ferry ride away. But I like your thinking. I have a busy couple of months ahead of me but after that I will reach out and maybe we can try this. In my mind I keep thinking I will find the time to set up a roast and learn where we all cup each other's roasts. Maybe you and I can try it first and figure out the logistics for a larger effort later in the summer.
LMWDP #580

Boldjava

#154: Post by Boldjava »

Notes from the Royal CJ we shared. Started a thread over here is you wish to add your cupping notes:

Royal CJ: Peru El Diamante

Dave
-----
LMWDP #339

Boldjava

#155: Post by Boldjava »

Sold Out

Ecuadorian Pinchincha Crown Jewel, Royal Coffee - https://royalcoffee.com/product/3427097000013029373/

o Small Coop
o Caturra and Typica, current crop, 5000'
o Washed, processed by Galo Morales, winner of this year's Ecuador national coffee competition.

Ecuadorian coffee, for me, is always "soft." I just bought a box and it is on its way. Some left.

This is how Royal describes it:

o. Clean, crisp cups with plenty of sweetness. Delicate acidity, tons of florals, and a uniquely buttery texture. Ripe tropical fruit. Other flavor notes include honeydew melon, tangerine, cranberry, and honeysuckle. Candy-like sweetness ... balanced by perfect caramelized sugars reminiscent of pecans, cinnamon-y pumpkin pie, and cocoa powder.
o. Perfectly balanced and elegant.

I had some left over:
4-lb packs only, mailed USPS priority.
$45.25

First come, first served. Contact me over here at the DM box: --->
Pkg 1: TallDan
Pkg 2: DrGary
Pkg 3: MKane

Once the coffee comes in and we get a chance to roast, I invite Dan, Gary, and Mike to join me on a separate thread to discuss the coffee.

Pinchincha Region, Ecuador

-----
LMWDP #339

another_jim
Team HB

#156: Post by another_jim »

Klatch's Anaerobic Guji is crazy good, around 93 points, provided you like anaerobics. For clean coffee lovers, the finish is a bit rustic and astringent, and you'll want to deduct 3 to 4 points.

I get marzipan, rose water, and botrytis.
Jim Schulman

Chert

#157: Post by Chert replying to another_jim »

Makes me want to pick up a bottle of tokaj to pair with an anaerobic coffee.
LMWDP #198

Advertisement
baldheadracing
Team HB

#158: Post by baldheadracing »

In case I'm not the only one wondering what Botrytis is ...
Sommeliers often use the words "honey," "beeswax" and "ginger" to describe the flavors that botrytis adds to wine. This could be because Noble Rot wines often have higher levels of a special aroma compound called phenylacetaldehyde. This compound is also commonly found in buckwheat and milk chocolate.
- https://winefolly.com/deep-dive/they-ca ... -botrytis/
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Rickpatbrown

#159: Post by Rickpatbrown »

SOLD OUT

I'll let people know if anyone backs out.

https://royalcoffee.com/product/3427097 ... 9c00aef023

If anyone is interested in splitting a Natural Ecuador Crown Jewel, let me know. The natural catches my eye
"Berry forward" and "insane sweetness", "bubble gum smarties" ... whatever those are, they sound delicious :D

I'm usually looking for 3-4 people to grab 5lbs each, but whatever your interest is ... let me know.

Thanks!

Boldjava

#160: Post by Boldjava »

2nd box - Sold Out

Ecuadorian Pinchincha Crown Jewel
, Royal Coffee - https://royalcoffee.com/product/3427097000013029373/

o Small Coop
o Caturra and Typica, current crop, 5000'
o Washed, processed by Galo Morales, winner of this year's Ecuador national coffee competition.

Ecuadorian coffee, for me, is always "soft." I just bought a box and it is on its way. Some left.

This is how Royal describes it:

o. Clean, crisp cups with plenty of sweetness. Delicate acidity, tons of florals, and a uniquely buttery texture. Ripe tropical fruit. Other flavor notes include honeydew melon, tangerine, cranberry, and honeysuckle. Candy-like sweetness ... balanced by perfect caramelized sugars reminiscent of pecans, cinnamon-y pumpkin pie, and cocoa powder.
o. Perfectly balanced and elegant.

Sold Out
4-lb packs, mailed USPS priority. $45.25

Lucky winners:
Chert
UseItForToddy
Zeece

Dave
-----
LMWDP #339